Mission: Our mission is to promote optimal mental health through awareness, advocacy and education.
At MHALC, we are dedicated to helping individuals lead mentally healthy lives. We believe that to achieve optimal health we must make a commitment to care for mind, body, and spirit. Often, we take care of our physical needs by eating well or exercising, and connect with a presence larger than ourselves to attend to our spirit’s needs. Yet, when it comes to taking care of our minds, we often dismiss the importance. When we ignore our mental health, we overlook the very part of us that helps us to know and achieve our best selves.
We are here to help you through your mental health journey. MHALC touches the lives of thousands each year by providing the following services:
- Delivering a wide variety of programs and services to support individuals and families impacted by mental illness in ways that help them move towards recovery.
- Educating the public about mental health and mental illness working to eliminate stigma, labels and prejudice.
- Changing lives by giving the gift of friendship to individuals with a serious mental illness.
- Providing information and referral services to navigate the complex delivery system that can impede access to mental health services.
- Advocating for policy and system change which accord rights and benefits to individuals living with a mental illness.
- Promoting mental health and well-being for all individuals through education and training.
Our organization is fortunate to work with dedicated and caring volunteers who give of their time, talent and resources to ensure that we can serve our community for decades to come.